A Property Owner Account is required to start an application to apply for a permit.
Contractors and Professionals must create and maintain an active Contractor Account if they are acting as agents for applicants and/or are engaged in work within FirstLight’s Project Boundary.
Before starting your application please review the resources and information available on FirstLight’s website at the links below. Remember to review all application checklists to ensure that you submit sufficient application material for FirstLight’s review. Incomplete applications will not be accepted for review and submittal of an application does not guarantee approval of your request.
Firstlight's Shoreline Management Plan, Guidelines, and Information
Firstlight's Project Boundary and Operational Information
CREATING AN ACCOUNT OR LOGGING IN
You must create either a Property Owner Account or Contractor Account to access FirstLight’s Shoreline and Land Use Application and Permit System.
An application submission is not required to create an account.
If you need to create both a Property Owner Account and a Contractor Account, you will need separate emails for each account.
There is no fee for a Property Owner Account. An annual fee will be assessed for all Contractor Accounts. The annual fee will be waived for 2022, but will be required in the future.
PROPERTY OWNER ACCOUNT
Both Property Owners* and Buyers under contract to purchase an abutting property can create a Property Owner Account to access FirstLight’s Shoreline and Land Use Application System.
* Property Owner as defined in the Shoreline Management Plan - Appendix B Shoreline Management Definitions: “An individual, group or entity which owns land either adjacent to or within FirstLight’s federal Project Boundary or a land owner who possesses an easement or other legal right or interest to lands and waters within the Project.”
Property Owner account holders will be able to:
Start and Submit an Application:
• Start an Application (only Property Owner account holders can start an application)
• Receive email notices from FirstLight during the application review process
• Designate an Authorized Agent for their Application Record (optional)
• Upload and submit their required application material
• Make online payments for required fees
• Check the status of their application and download documents issued by FirstLight
• If the application request is approved and a permit is issued by FirstLight, the permit can be viewed and electronically signed (only Property Owners can sign a permit)
Access and Manage Your Permit Record:
If a permit has been issued by FirstLight, countersigned by the Permittee(s), and recorded by FirstLight a Permit Record will be created in the System. Property Owners will then be able to:
• View their executed Permit
• View their Temporary Activity Tag or other documents issued by FirstLight
• Designate an authorized Agent for the Permit Record (optional)
• Submit a Start Work Approval Request
• Submit a Permit Extension Request
• Provide Notice of Work Completed
• Create and update their Contractor List
Any contractor(s) and/or professional(s) (Contractor) including site and building contractors, landscapers, arborists and others; such as attorneys, design professionals, and realtors who are agents for an applicant or who may be engaged in work within FirstLight’s Project Boundary must create an account and obtain a FirstLight Contractor Identification Number.
Contractors and Professionals will be required to accept FirstLight’s “Contractor Terms and Conditions for Performing Work on FirstLight’s Land and Water” and pay an annual Contractor Account Fee (Fee waived for 2022).
Only Contractors who have an active Contractor Account can perform work on FirstLight’s lands and waters within the Project Boundary.
Prior to work or activities occurring, a fully executed permit issued by FirstLight must be in effect, a Start Work Approval Request submitted and approved by FirstLight, and all Contractors performing work must be added to the Permit Record Contractor List.
By creating an account, Contractors will be able to:
• Pay their Annual Contractor Account Fee online and upload any required certificates, licenses or insurance documents.
• If a Property Owner account holder has started their application and paid the application submittal fee, they have the option to designate a Contractor as their Authorized Agent for their permit application. If a Contactor have been added to a Property Owner account holder’s Application Record as an Authorized Agent and the Contractor’s account is active, the Contractor will then be able to upload application material to complete the application submittal, receive email notices from FirstLight during the application process, make online payments for any required additional review fees, and view documents issued by FirstLight.
• If a permit has been issued by FirstLight, countersigned by the Permittee(s) (Only those with a Property Owner Account will be able to sign their permit), and recorded by FirstLight, a Permit Record will be created in the System. The Property Owner can then designate a Contractor as an Authorized Agent for their Permit Record. As an Authorized Agent for the Permit Record, the Contractor will then be able to submit a Start Work Approval Request, request a Permit Extension, and/or provide Notice of Work Completed. The Contractor, as Authorized Agent, will also be able to add/remove other Contractors to/from the Contractor List and view Permit Record Documents such as fully executed Permits, Temporary Activity Tags, and other documents issued by FirstLight.